The scalp, like the skin on the face, contains numerous oil glands and needs regular cleansing to prevent excessive oil accumulation, this can lead to blocked pores, pimples, flakiness, and itchiness. Regular cleansing of the scalp and avoiding any type of application of conditioner on the roots is recommended. Hormonal changes can also influence scalp oiliness, with levels of male hormones increasing during certain periods like menstruation. Stress can also contribute to an oily scalp by elevating androgen (male hormone) levels, leading to increased oil production. Hair texture is another factor, as individuals with fine hair tend to have more oil glands on their scalp, making them prone to quicker oil buildup.
Products to use for an oily scalp:
Regular scalp treatments (potentially weekly masks and monthly exfoliation) can help remove flakes, reduce itching, and improve and maintain overall scalp health. Look for scalp treatments with active ingredients such as anti-inflammatories like salicylic acid, antioxidants, and soothing moisturisers.
Best scalp treatment products:
- Exfoliating scalp masks with glycolic acid
- Leave-in treatments with vitamin E and other antioxidants
- Overnight serums containing peptides and hyaluronic acid for deep hydration
- Regular cleansing helps prevent excessive oil buildup and maintains scalp health.
- Tailored products formulated for your specific scalp type to effectively manage concerns.
- Addressing stress can contribute to a healthier scalp.
- Keeping the scalp moisturised and hydrated is essential for preventing dryness and flakiness.
- Look for products containing active ingredients like salicylic acid and antioxidants for targeted scalp care.
- Incorporating routine scalp treatments into your hair care routine can provide long-term benefits for scalp health.
By incorporating these products and recommendations into your scalp care routine, you can help your clients achieve healthy (and happy) hair. Shop our wide range of Scalp Treatments at Haircare Group now.